Nature’s Logic is the pioneer in developing truly 100% natural pet foods derived from nature…not chemistry. We have formulated truly natural pet foods substantiated for all the life stages of dogs and cats. Whole foods provide pets with an abundance of naturally occurring nutrients: Proteins, vitamins, minerals, fiber, probiotics, enzymes, antioxidants, co-factors, phytonutrients, and more. The natural synergies and increased bioavailability of these extra nutrients ensure the best possible nutrition for your pet.
What are Antioxidants, Co-factors, and Phytonutrients?
First, some elaboration on “beneficial terms”:
Antioxidants are substances that inhibit oxidation or reactions promoted by oxygen, peroxides, or free radicals (free radicals can damage cells and may play a part in several diseases such as cancer). Here is a short list of some antioxidants: beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene, selenium, and Vitamins A, C and E. Antioxidants are naturally found in foods!
“Co-factors are non-protein chemical compounds that are bound to a protein and are required for the protein's biological activity. These proteins are commonly enzymes, and cofactors can be considered 'helper molecules' that assist in biochemical transformations.” ¹
And finally, phytonutrients are certain components of plants thought to promote health. Fruits, vegetables and nuts are among the phytonutrient rich foods found in Nature's Logic formulas.
10 Nature's Logic Ingredients and How They Benefit Your Pet
• Pumpkin Seed - provides minerals such as magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron, copper, and zinc; Vitamin K; several sources cite that pumpkin seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and contain phytosterols that may lower cholesterol and protect against many cancers.
• Dried Kelp - great source of iodine (supports thyroid health) and iron, contains unique antioxidants, contains fucoidan which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and to induce cell death in cancer cells.
• Alfalfa Meal - good source of calcium, contains Vitamins B, C, and K, as well as nutrients such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folate.
• Dried Chicory - high in dietary fiber, Vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, riboflavin, folate, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, manganese, thiamin, niacin and zinc
• Dried Carrot – excellent source of an array of phytonutrients (especially beta-carotene), as well as Vitamin A, a very good source of Vitamins C and K, dietary fiber and potassium.
• Dried Blueberry – highest antioxidant content of all fresh fruits, may aid in urinary tract health, high in Vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
• Dried Apricot – high in beta-carotene, lycopene, Vitamin A, fiber; they also contain potassium, iron, calcium, silicon, phosphorus, and Vitamin C.
• Dried Cranberry – source of Vitamin C, dietary fiber, manganese, and Vitamin K; wide array of phytonutrients.
• Dried Parsley – rich in antioxidants; excellent source of Vitamins A, C and K; good source of B Vitamins, folate and iron.
• Rosemary – provides immune and circulatory system benefits; provides several minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium; good source of Vitamins A and C.
By using whole food ingredients such as those listed above, Nature's Logic is able to provide complete nutrition without the use of synthetic, manmade supplements. “Whole vegetables, like pumpkin, broccoli, spinach and carrots are going to provide quality nutrition that the dog’s body can actually utilize for optimal health and strength,” says Tracie Hotchner, author of The Dog Bible.² Fruits and vegetables are protective to health as they are thought to help in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and some cancers. They are also low in calories, which helps prevent obesity.³ Nature’s Logic provides complete and balanced nutrition for your pet by using whole foods and 100% natural ingredients. For more information visit www.natureslogic.com.